My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Friday, March 14, 2014

2 week weight loss report!

I have good news and bad news this week.
First, the good news. I weighed in yesterday morning at 192.4. That is more than an 11 pound loss in 2 weeks people! Working out-wise I have been running/walking for 1-2 hours a day, 6 days a week!
Now for the bad news; I am officially off Medifast. I had a very bad reaction (3 days in a row) to an artificial sweetener used profusely in medifast products called chicory root. I had really horrible cramps for 6-7 hours at a time and it was decided that for now Ibwould avoid Medifast food since I obviously have a sensitivity to this chicory root.
But does that mean I'm giving up? No waaaay! I just adjusted yesterday switching to a keto like food diet. I am staying under 30 net carbs a day, lots of protein, lots of healthy fat (fat doesn't make you fat- sugar and refined carbs make you fat). I also upped my calories to 1600, from the 1,100 I was averaging on medifast. I think with all my working out, this calorie base is much better.
And I weighed myself in this morning and am down almost a other pound at 191.6!
My goal is to lose around 8-10 pounds a month. With my carb restriction and protein and fat macros it is actually very realistic.
I am also diligently tracking absolutely all food in my fitness pal and that helps hold me accountable!
For the first time in years I am having weight loss success and I deserve every bit of it. Only my husband is aware of how much I've truly struggled. Now I feel in control, getting healthier by the day and putting in a lot of hard work! Here's to more weight loss this week! I'm aiming for a 3 pound loss when I weigh in on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to read that you upped your calories from 1100 (WAY TOO LOW) to 1600! Way too many women think they just need to eat an incredibly low amount of calories to lose weight and that is so beyond false. Your body needs the energy to function and burn fat and when you don't give it the fuel it needs it start storing it therefore you don't lose weight. So glad you switched that up and from what I read it seems that it is definitely working! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete