My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Birthday letter for August James : 2 yrs old

May 29, 2013

My dearest Gus aka lovebug,
On this day 2 years ago at 1:53 am, I gave birth to you surrounded by a lot of love, and my life forever changed.
Words cannot even begin to express how much I love you. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with you, to the first time I looked into your sweet eyes after giving birth, you had me wrapped around your finger. I did not know how deeply, fiercely and unconditionally I could love another human being until you were born. Your presence on this earth made me into a mama, which I can honestly say is the best job in the world!
This last year has flown by and you have blossomed into such a kind-hearted gentle soul, but you have a wild streak, too. You are talking like crazy, putting lots of sentences together and repeating everything we say. You are a little bit obsessed with the moon and all things Star Wars (especially R2D2 and C3PO)! You love throwing balls and have a great arm (seriously you can throw accurately and hard...you take after your mama in that department, future 3rd baseman??) and one of your most spoken words is "football". You love to take baths and ask for one every night before bedtime. "Piggy food" is the money you put in your piggy bank and you are learning the names and values of each coin. Before bedtime you always run around saying "piggy food piggy food piggy food" so we won't forget to feed the piggy.
When asked how old you are turning, you always yell "five" while holding up 5 fingers. You always were ahead of your age in development! :) On that note, you love counting, but usually like to skip all the numbers until you get to 10. You can also recite your Abc's one at a time but not all together quite yet. You have a love for books, just like your parents and know many of them by heart. You are very bright and intellectually curious and I have no doubt that curiosity will take you on great adventures!
You watched fireworks for the first time on Cinco De Mayo and you LOVED them. You also have been to the carnival twice in the last month and you went on lots and lots of rides (and wanted to go on more). You certainly are my little adventure seeker!
 You have an infectious laugh and love being the center of attention and putting on a show for anyone who will watch. You remind me so much of your daddy! I'm pretty sure no one will ever accuse you of being shy! You have dance parties almost every day and I've gotta say you have some pretty awesome moves for a 2 year old. You are a fantastic and caring big brother to Phoenix. You love holding him and giving him kisses and bringing him toys. He is already following your every move..remember to always be a good example for him!
You are learning all of our names and you can even say our last name, well sort of ,"Van Huff" is what you say!  You say "I love you" to mama, daddy and Phoenix every night before bedtime and there is nothing quite as heart warming as hearing you say that to me. You like giving hugs and will either announce that you are giving a "big" hug or "little" hug before you do it. It's the cutest thing ever!
You have the brightest blue eyes and long eyelashes that everyone comments on. Your hair is blonde and shaggy and getting a little curl to it! You are tall and lean and yet you eat everything in sight and drink a ton of full fat milk!
You have brought endless amounts of joy and happiness into our lives. You are so full of life and laughter and I hope you never lose sight of that. You have such great things ahead of you and your dad and I will be forever cheering you on to fulfill your dreams! I look forward to watching you grow and develop into the man you are meant to be. But right now I am holding onto this moment that you are my little lovebug, my little boy who likes to snuggle with me in bed every morning.... 2 years old and growing much too fast!
I am so proud to call you my son, August James! I love you bunches and bunches!

Happy 2nd Birthday Gus!!!!!!!!!
August May 2011: Newborn
August May 2013: 2 yrs old


No comments:

Post a Comment