My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Preschool Homeschool Entry #1 : Apple Tree Counting Craft

Earlier this month I implemented a 3 day a week preschool curriculum for my 28 month old little guy as well as one of our daycare kiddos who will be 2 in November. 
In another post I will go into the reasons we do so much schooling at home and why we chose to homeschool (for now). But right now I wanted to start off the first of many posts about the different homeschool projects I do.
This month we are doing the letters A, B, C, D and E. As well as number recognition 1-10 and practicing counting. Since it is the beginning of fall and apples are beginning to come into season in the nw, I wanted to do a fun, easy counting craft for the kids incorporating apples. 
Supplies needed:

  1. construction paper (heavier is better) I get mine at Michaels when they go on sale and I can use a coupon.
  2. popsicle sticks (Dollar Tree usually has a big bag for $1)
  3. scotch tape (Target has 2/$1)
  4. Bingo stampers (Dollar Tree again)
  5. Permanent Marker
  6. Scissors
First I free formed 4 tree tops. You could use a template too but it's pretty easy to cut out a tree form without a template. I then labeled the popsicle sticks 1-4. Next I taped the tree forms to the popsicle sticks. 

Once that was done I had the kids use the bingo stampers to stamp the number of apples corresponding with the number on the popsicle sticks.





 The kids LOVED doing this because it is interactive. It also helps with number recognition and counting repetition. THe most fabulous part about this craft is once the kids are done stamping the apples on, they can keep them and practice their numbers by counting the apples. My little guy loves to carry his around with him and count!



No comments:

Post a Comment