My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Friday, August 23, 2013

August's First Boating Adventure!

Finding the time to blog lately has been a challenge! Phoenix is up sometimes 4 times during the night and he almost always wakes up around 5/6 after he just nursed and wiggles so much that it wakes me up. I am surviving and living on around 6 hours of interrupted, restless sleep going on almost 8 months now people. More on that later. But for now, Phoenix is snuggled up next to his tired daddy (who got up with him at 5 am this morning) and SLEEPING soundly....at least at the moment! So I took my chance, got up, peed by myself (ya this is worth noting, trust me), started a load of laundry, made myself a protein smoothie and am sitting her-sans kids- in SILENCE. 
About a month ago, Joel took Gus to meet up with Grandpa Dale for his very first boat ride! He had received a lifejacket for his birthday in May so he was all set to go on his big adventure. He also asked to go on Grandpa Dale's boat anytime we are at his house in Vancouver so he has had plenty of practice driving the boat on dry land...ha! 
I packed him some healthy snacks/lunch to take on the boat and off they went. According to Joel, Gus had a blast driving the boat all up and down the river (what 2 year old wouldn't?) and he loved sitting in the boat to eat his lunch. Grandpa even let him use the hose to spray water at the back of the boat- also a huge hit. As you can see from the pictures to follow, my kid is going to LOVE spending time with his Grandpa fishing on the river!


Getting right down to the driving!

Grandpa- I got this!

Watch out, 2 year old at the helm!

Add caption





Grandpa and his boating buddy

beautiful day on the river

getting settled in to eat lunch






nothing quite like ravioli and peas on a boat!

sitting at the back of the boat


July 2013: 26 months old

dang my kid is cute!


sitting in the captain's chair by himself!




Grandpa shows August how to spray the hose





Is my kid the only one that is OBSESSED with tires??

Ok Grandpa, the tires look fine

"Helping" hitch up the boat




Now on to checking the propeller






No comments:

Post a Comment