My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 : Starting my year off right!

in exactly 26 days this mama will be turning the dreaded 3-0. I remember when 30 seemed SO  OLD! Oh how time flies when you are busy having babies and breastfeeding and being pregnant and living life!
I've got to say I'm kind of on board with this whole 30 thing. First, I think I look great for my age (thanks to never tanning, smoking and taking care of my skin with organic products and eating healthy) and I am ready for the new adventures that my 30's will bring me!
First up is my much awaited new tattoo...stay tuned for pictures. I met my new tattoo artist yesterday and put my deposit down. I think we vibe well and I think the end product will be beautiful! My last (and 1st) tattoo didn't go so smoothly mainly because I did a walk in appointment and got an artist who was pretty much a total asshole. So much so that he yelled at me for being nervous and drinking water out of my water bottle. Plus my tattoo didn't turn out perfect as it should have. Will never be going to him again but this new guy is pretty rad and right up my ally. He listened to what I wanted instead of trying to change it all and I can't wait to get it on Saturday (going all out for part 1 of this tattoo and getting it on my forarm).
I've been waiting until I am not pregnant or breastfeeding ALL the time to get my 5 tattoos on back order that I have been planning out for the last 3 years. Hopefully I will be able to get most of them done or close to done before I get knocked up again!
Another way I am starting 2014 off with a bang is by detoxing all the CRAP I have put in my body for the last 2 months over the holidays. I started doing the Primal Blueprint on December 30th and have committed to doing it with no cheating for at least 21 days and then I will re-evaluate.
As most of you know, I have struggled big time to lose baby weight after both of my pregnancies. After Finn, I ran myself into the ground and still didn't lose a whole lot of weight. I am officially at my pre-pregnancy weight now 12 months after giving birth, but it is not what I want to be at. I'd LOVE to lose 50 more pounds before I get pregnant again, although I know that may not be realistic with me still breastfeeding. However just in the last day I've lost another pound and I'm really hoping the primal blueprint will help me shed the weight that I have tried for the past 2.5 yrs to take off!!!! I've been to the point of tears and depression numerous times over my weight post baby because it seemed as if no matter how hard I worked, the breastfeeding constantly kept me from getting under that threshold that I wanted so desperately to be under. I'm ready for the body I've been working for so we'll see what massive exercise and the primal blueprint is going to do for me!
Next up is getting ready for baby #3. Although it won't be anytime "soon", we do want our kids close together and to grow up with very close relationships.  Hopefully within the next year I will be pregnant, healthy and happier than ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment