My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Very Busy Easter Weekend


Can someone please tell me how it is already April? Really.... it's like I just gave birth to Phoenix, but in reality that was over 3 months ago! Unreal.
They always say time flies when you have kids. It's so cliche. But it couldn't be more true. I find myself getting sad sometimes at the haste in which my kids are growing. I love watching them develop, learn and form their own little personalities, but sometimes I just want to hold onto a moment, a memory, forever so they can never "grow up". I think it's why I take so many pictures of my kids; so I can relive those moments over and over again and never forget all those cute little things they did!
I digress, spring is kinda, sorta here, in true Portland fashion. We had a stunningly sunny week/weekend for Easter and our family  was on the move and busy every hour of every day, it seemed.
March was full of playdates, parks, Easter, hikes, running and enjoying the short lived sun in the great NW. We loved every minute of it!

                                                    We Slept next to some kitties.....



We had a playdate at Eliot's house.... with Oliver, too!



Eliot
                                                                         


                                                                             Gus
                                                                   

                                                                      Oliver and Gus



                            We've been making funny faces with Paul.....




We've been busy being handsome.......



Phoenix turned 3 months old! (look at the chunky chunks on those thighs!)



and he has been giggling and smiling a whole lot......



We went hiking up to Pittock Mansion with both kiddos.....

                                           
Portland from Pittock Mansion


                                                             
Gus liked looking at Mt. Hood and the "snow"


                                               
Looking down on the trail


                                                                 
daddy and Phoenix


Mama and her boys after hiking uphill for 45 minutes


We made it to the top!



Gus munching on some pirate booty during our picnic


Finn is impressed with the view, not the picture taking daddy...


Mt. Hood view during our picnic


Gus off and running.....

His new "look" that he gives when he knows he's not supposed to be doing something...

"daddy put me in a tree!"

Oh, the places I've nursed!

daddy and his boys

headed back down 

We have to stop and look at all the plants

Wildwood trail

trees and sun

hiking with the boys

Ok, I am in love with this picture of my handsome men

"mama, I found a tree!"

Phoenix got to snooze in the Ergo during the hike!

Gus directing us where to go

look closely at August's pout, you can tell it's the end of the hike and he is UNHAPPY!


After Hiking and a short snooze in the car, we headed to Saturday Market, with what seemed like ALL of Portland....

we got our face painted and had the grumps

Tired, grumpy boy



Batman!

Don't touch my face, lady!

Not excited at all

How can someone look so cute while grumpy?!?

Batman is almost finished

Batman face paint!



After walking through Saturday market, we realized that the city turned on the fountains because it was so warm outside. Gus had a lot of fun romping through the water with dad. And on a sidenote....I have a little something to say to "parents" (if you can call them that) of these little brat 10 year old boys that continuously splashed my kid (as well as other kids) in the face. PLEASE STOP REPRODUCING if you cannot supervise your own children and prevent them from splashing 2 yr olds, as well as everyone else who were sitting in the sun NOT wanting to get wet. Teach your kid that the rule is "no splashing, period" and start being a parent. I have NO PROBLEM telling YOUR kid to stop splashing other kids when you fail to step in and parent. Your kid is not going to ruin my kid's day, or anyone else's day for that matter! Ok, rant done....for now!



What a photo, huh?


Walking to the fountain
Fountain fun





 We also stopped by a downtown park after the fountain where our little boy got his first official injuries. He is now proudly (he shows it off to anyone willing to look) sporting a huge bruise on his cheek (after falling onto one of daddy's discs from disc golf) as well as scraped up knees and a huge scrape on his wrist...all acquired after falling at the playground numerous times!










Phoenix slept some more......


We also had a great, laid back Easter......
Easter basket fun!




Finn in his Easter basket


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoyed some quality family time! I know we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment