My Boys

My Boys
August James and Phoenix Noble

Family is Love

Family is Love

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

August the Adventure-Seeking Missile

We are fast approaching Gus being 11 months old and although he is not walking yet, he is ALL OVER THE PLACE. He pulls himself up to a standing position constantly but hasn't got the coordination down to walk yet. He also has recently figured out how to crawl under the gate and go UP the stairs. He is just getting the hang of how to get off our bed feet first and onto the floor. He loves going into our closet in the morning, shutting the door on himself and waiting for me to come "find him" by opening the door. He is very into opening and shutting doors, too.
I have been very much enjoying snuggling with him in the mornings and evenings lately, too. He is now in the habit of just snuggling up to me or Joel and just being content there for quite a while, especially if he wakes up in the middle of the night. I am cherishing each and every one of those snuggles.
We have been giving him new, farm fresh organic foods to try as well. Recently we had golden beets, red cherries and purple potatoes. I also am trying to get August to learn to use a spoon by himself so I have been letting him have a bowl full of goat milk yogurt and fruit and a spoon. Surprisingly, he has it almost down already, although he makes a HUGE mess.
Is he going to be a lefty?

Making a mess with yogurt and fruit

Not sure how much he actually got in his mouth

Using his hands more than the spoon

Bath Time was the step after this

Loves his healthy yogurt


Messy Bessy





I have been drowning in laundry lately it seems (who knew a husband and a baby could create SO MUCH LAUNDRY?) but luckily I have a very cute helper. And by helper I mean he helps by climbing into the laundry basket and pulling apart all the socks I have paired. He is lucky he's cute!





















I love these pictures. August is such a goofy boy and I love him so much. It's these cute little things that will be seared into my memory for all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment